Expertise : labor and employment law
T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
630 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2780
Montréal, Québec H3B 1S6
T 514 393-4580 | F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 438 943-2039
Me Sylvain Toupin, a lawyer since 1986, is a partner in the Montreal office. Me Toupin focuses exclusively on labour and employment law on the employer's side. Committed and available, he represents the interests of employers in both unionized and non-unionized contexts.
From strategic planning of labour relations to collective agreement negotiations and the drafting of employment contracts and non-competition undertakings, Me Toupin has built a solid reputation with his clients and colleagues. He regularly pleads before administrative and civil courts. Me Toupin has distinguished himself through his provincial negotiations with ambulance unions.
He advocates a structured, pragmatic and strategic approach that he applies in all areas of activity in which he works, including ambulance services, food, distribution centers, dentistry and veterinary facilities. His clientele can be found across Canada.
Until recently, Me Toupin devoted his spare time to car racing. He has won several distinctions in North America. However, he is still a closed-circuit driving instructor for the Porsche Club of America and teaches driving courses for novices at the Ford Academy. Meanwhile, he is particularly sensitive to environmental protection.
Assistant: Manon Renaud
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, federal labor law, human rights, pay equity, pay equity, occupational health and safety funding, collective bargaining, collective labor relations, individual labor relations, occupational health and safety)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (1985)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2011 to present)
- Denis, Toupin Avocats, Montreal
- Robinson Sheppard Shapiro, Montreal
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Instruction for management students at HEC Montréal on labor and employment law, particularly the various aspects of negotiation
- Lectures and seminars on occupational health and safety in collaboration with Lorman Education Services
- Lectures and training sessions on labor and employment law and on occupational health and safety for members and staff of various associations and businesses
- Articles in a variety of trade journals, particularly on sexual harassment