T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-3764
Me Stéphan Ferron, lawyer and partner at the Val-d'Or and Rouyn-Noranda offices, specializes in labour and employment law, mediation and arbitration, insurance law et litigation. A member of the Quebec Bar since 1991, Me Ferron has acquired considerable expertise in negotiating union contracts. He is particularly active in the mining and forestry sectors as well as with automobile dealerships.
Deeply involved in his region and in the business world, Me Ferron has served as President of the Val-d'Or Chamber of Commerce. He is a director of the Fondation du Centre Hospitalier de Val-d'Or and a member of the SADC. Close to his clients, Me Ferron favours face-to-face meetings and business visits to fully understand the issues at stake. Easily accessible, he keeps in touch frequently with managers and other executives to successfully complete his cases.
Within his practice, Me Ferron participates in corporate management as a trusted legal advisor. His experience allows for the resolution of problems before resorting to the courts. He encourages his clients to contact him before the case becomes problematic.
Recognized for his sound advice and the considerable knowledge of his clients’ businesses, Me Ferron delegates and involves younger players in his cases. Efficient and practical, Me Ferron seeks resolution, not conflict. By identifying effective and profitable solutions, he establishes a concrete and feasible action plan.
Honest and genuine, Me Ferron has the spirit of an entrepreneur and a leader who can be trusted. “Calculation is worth the work” is his favourite saying. An outdoor and camping enthusiast, Me Ferron also enjoys hiking, cycling, and training. But the most important thing for him is time with his family.
Assistant: Jasmine Rondeau
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, human rights, occupational health and safety funding, collective bargaining, collective labor relations, individual labor relations)
- Mediation and arbitration
- Insurance law
- Civil and commercial mediator
- LL.B., University of Ottawa (1990)
- Cain Lamarre, Val-d’Or (2002 to present)
- Dufresne Ferron, Val-d’Or
- St-Julien Bigué, Val-d’Or
- Chabot Kirouac Lemoine Legal Aid Office, Val-d’Or
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- "Dans les coulisses de procès gagnants," a training session for members at the Cain Lamarre annual meeting
- "Discussion stratégique A : Gérer la performance: pouvez-vous améliorer vos méthodes," a training session for members at the Cain Lamarre annual meeting
- "Développements récents et enjeux de l'heure," a presentation at the Cain Lamarre Labor and Employment Symposium
- "La gestion de l'absentéisme en milieu de travail," a training session at the Human Resources Panel
- "La convention collective, la gestion disciplinaire et le harcèlement psychologique," a training session
- "Diligence raisonnable en milieu de travail," a training session
- "Loi sur le lobbying," a training session
Associations, committees, boards
- Director, Fondation du Centre Hospitalier de Val-d'Or (since 2021)
- Former member, Val-d’Or Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC)
- Chairman, Chambre de commerce de Val-d'Or (2016 to 2019)
- Administrator, Centre de Transit Minier Nordique (CTMN) (previously)