T 819 825-4153
F 819 825-9769
Hotline: 873 381-2064
Originally from the South Shore of Montreal, Me Simon Corriveau practiced in Montreal for four years before continuing his practice in Abitibi-Témiscamingue.
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2006, Me Corriveau practices in civil law, mainly in the areas of litigation, civil liability and insurance. Appreciated for his thoroughness, rational approach and availability, he quickly analyzes files to provide a clear picture of the chances of success, risks and costs so that the best possible option can be considered as quickly as possible.
Known for his team spirit and his ability to bring people together, Me Corriveau advises and assists a varied clientele composed of insurance companies, large, medium and small businesses as well as individuals. Methodical in nature, he regularly visits the client's premises or the site of events to better immerse himself in the file. Me Corriveau has particular experience in representing clients before the courts, where he frequently pleads at all levels.
Very active in his community, Me Corriveau is a member of the Club Kiwanis de Val-d'Or. He was also president of the Centre local de développement (CLD) de la Vallée-de-l'Or and regional representative to the Association des centres locaux de développement du Québec (ACLDQ). He is also a member of the Conseil d'Établissement de l'École secondaire le Carrefour, in addition to being President of the Parents Committee of the Centre de service scolaire de l'Or-et-des-Bois. Me Corriveau is also needed to sit on various local committees in addition to participating in the activities of the Chamber of Commerce.
Me Corriveau received the Lieutenant-Governor's medal for his academic excellence and involvement in 2000.
Interested in youth and sports, Me Corriveau is also an accomplished sportsman. He has coached many young people in hockey and soccer. On a personal level, he plays curling, floor hockey and soccer. On the road, he enjoys running and cycling. His maxim “Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long” sums up his desire to see things through to the end.
Assistant: Jessy Thibodeau
- Insurance law (builders’ risk insurance, directors and officers, professional liability insurance, statutory examinations, obligation to defend, fraudulent claims)
- Litigation (insurance, remedies of all types, civil liability)
- Construction Law
- agricultural and agri-food law
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2005)
- Cain Lamarre, Val-d'Or (2014 to present)
- Cliche Lortie Ladouceur, Val-d'Or (2010 to 2014)
- Robinson Sheppard Shapiro, Montreal (2004 to 2010)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Fraud indicators, Colombo's tools (2020)
- The burden of proof of the reasonable insurer, where do we stand as of the CGU judgment, Insurance Company of Canada C. Paul, Recent Developments in Insurance Law (2018)
- Improve your negotiation performance
- Conference, Chambre de commerce de Val-d'Or, for the event Être + qu'un Y
- A practical guide to the preparation and management of claims and surety bonds
- Conference, ACQ of Abitibi-Témiscamingue 2018
- "Corporate social activities: What are your responsibilities?” a presentation given at Table de concertation en gestion des ressources humaines de la Vallée-de-l'Or
Associations, committees, boards
- Representative on the parent committee Parents du Centre de service scolaire de l'Or-et-des-Bois for the École secondaire le Carrefour
- Chairman, board of directors, CLD de la Vallée-de-l'Or (2013 to 2015)
- Board member, Association des CLD du Québec, representing CLD presidents in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region (2013 to 2014)
- Decision-making member of Fonds de soutien québécois de l'entrepreneuriat in Val-d'Or (2012 to 2015)
- Outgoing president of the Val-d'Or Kiwanis Club