Expertise : environmental law | administrative law | municipal law
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0826
After completing her bachelor’s degree in law (international profile), Me Courjal obtained a master’s degree in law, more specifically in environmental law, sustainable development, and food security from Université Laval in Quebec City. She also won a scholarship for her master’s essay on the food security of indigenous people. Her overall average for her master’s degree also allowed her to be listed on the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Honour List.
Me Courjal is a valuable asset to the Municipal and Environmental Group in the Quebec City office. She handles cases involving administrative law, such as the protection of agricultural land and activities (CPTAQ), as well as administrative appeals and appeals against government decisions. In the area of environmental law, her practice includes public hearings and BAPE, quarries and sandpits, administrative controls, waste management, penal offences, hazardous materials, land protection and rehabilitation, water and air quality, noise pollution, and appeals against government decisions.
Moreover, in the field of municipal law, Me Courjal is involved in matters of access to municipal documents, land use planning and urban development, municipal competencies and regulatory authorities, expropriation law for public purposes, penal offences, and the protection of agricultural land and activities.
With her sense of organization and her great attention to detail, Me Courjal knows how to make the most of each of her cases. A keen observer, nothing escapes her.
Assistant: Julie Martel
- Environmental Law (public hearings and BAPE hearings, sand pits and quarries, government controls, waste management, penal offences pertaining to environmental law, hazardous materials, land protection and rehabilitation, water quality, air quality, and noise, appeal of government decisions)
- Administratif Law (preservation of agricultural land and farming activities (CPTAQ), administrative remedies, appeal of government decisions)
- Municipal Law (access to municipal documents, land use and urban planning, municipal jurisdiction and regulatory powers, expropriation law for public purposes, penal offences in municipal law, preservation of agricultural land and activities)
- LL.M. – Environmental Law, Sustainable Development and Food Security, Université Laval, Quebec (2022)
- LL.B. – International Program (on semester student exchange with Université Toulouse I Capitole in 2018), Université Laval, Quebec (2019)
- Coordinator, Canada Research Chair in Environmental Law, Université Laval, Quebec (2021)
- Research professional and assistant, Faculty of Law, Université Laval, Quebec (2019-2020)
- Honor Roll, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Université Laval, Quebec (2021-2022)
- Recipient of the Research Chair in Food Diversity and Security Grant, Université Laval, Québec (2021)