630 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2780
Montréal, Québec H3B 1S6
T 514 393-4580 | F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 438 943-2003
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2017, Me Mélissa Potvin specializes in immigration and citizenship law. A member of the Quebec Immigration Lawyers Association and the Canadian Bar Association, Me Potvin works on all types of cases covering the entire immigration process in Canada: from temporary residency to permanent residency to citizenship, in addition to compliance audits of employers hiring temporary foreign workers.
Prior to joining Cain Lamarre, Me Potvin acquired extensive experience in economic and business immigration with Montréal International, an economic development agency, where she acted as a strategic advisor to businesses on issues and files related to international labour exchanges and temporary foreign worker recruitment.
She assists her clients with various applications: work permits, study permits, Quebec’s Certificat d'acceptation or Certificat de sélection, Labour Market Impact Assessment, sponsorship applications, and applications for permanent residence for Quebec and other provinces.
Me Potvin holds a bachelor’s degree in law, cooperative program, from the Université de Sherbrooke. Her immigration practice has led her to offer several training sessions to businesses and their employees on work permits and permanent residence. She has also had the opportunity to participate in conferences on “Dos and Don’ts for Business Visitors Working Across Boarders” and “Sponsoring a Family Member”.
Me Potvin wishes to help and have a positive impact on the immigration projects of prospective immigrants as well as on the innovation and growth objectives of Quebec businesses. The growing need for manpower is an important issue for businesses and, as a lawyer, Me Potvin makes it a priority to accompany and advise each client so that he or she can benefit from a positive experience.
Assistant: David Brisebois
- Immigration law (quebec acceptance certificate, labour market impact studies, family sponsorship and residence, study permit, work permit, permanent residence, compliance audits, visa)
- LL.B., Cooperative Program, Université de Sherbrooke (2016)
- Montréal International, Montreal (2018 to 2021)
- Cabinet Me Hugues Langlais, avocats, International mobility advisor (2017 to 2018)
- Danone Canada, Boucherville, articling student (2016)
- Rio Tinto, Montréal (2014 and 2015)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Lecturer, “Temporary Immigration Deciphered”, Montréal International (2018 to 2021)
- Lecturer, “Permanent Residency in Quebec”, Montréal International (2018 à 2021)
- Panelist “Dos and Donts for Business Visitors Working Accross Boarders”, Labour and Immigration Law Annual Conference, International Association of Young Lawyers (2018)
- Lecturer, “Sponsoring a Family Member”, Workshop, Salon de l'immigration et de l'intégration au Québec (2018)
- Lecturer, “How to Your Studies to Good Use”, Programme des étudiantes et des étudiants internationaux de l'Université de Sherbrooke (2016)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, Association québécoise des avocats et avocates en droit de l'immigration
- Volunteer, Sports and Social Activities Committee, Young Bar of Montreal, Montréal (2017 to 2020)
- Dean's Honour List, Université de Sherbrooke