Expertise : environmental law | real estate law | notary services | municipal law
T 819 554-6666
F 819 780-1341
4050 rue Laval, Suite 202
Lac-Mégantic, Québec G6B 1B1
T 819 554-6666
F 819 780-1341
Hotline : 819 614-4326
A native of Thetford Mines, Me Marie-Pier Roy has been a member of the Chambre des Notaires since 2015, and practices at the Sherbrooke office.
After studying law at the Université de Sherbrooke, Me Roy began her practice in her hometown. Her atypical career path then led her to non-traditional environments. She worked as a notary for the City of Montreal and later became responsible for the legal affairs department of a private company.
With her background and wide range of experiences, Me Roy brings, in addition to her meticulousness, rigor, availability, and a sharp eye on the files she handles. Over the course of her career, Me Roy has developed an expertise in real estate law, municipal law as well as in certain sectors of mining and environmental law.
Wishing to offer a personalized top-quality service, Me Roy adjusts to the needs and criteria of her clients. In real estate, she covers acquisition and sale files for small houses as well as large real estate complexes. Major title examinations are part of her renowned specialty. At the municipal level, she has managed several files, including real estate agreements, creation of public utility easements and tax sales. She also has expertise in the mining sector and more specifically in granite quarries.
Recognized for the excellence of her services, Me Roy is committed to helping her clients exceed their objectives. By implementing ways of working that allow them to optimize their time and money, she brings them sustainable and profitable solutions.
Involved in different spheres of the MRC du Granit where she lives, Me Roy is also an administrator of the organization Lac en Fête, as well as of the Coopérative de Solidarité Lac-Drolet and a member of the Comité Accueil et Intégration des Nouveaux Arrivants.
Athletic, Me Roy practices tennis and Tae Kwon Do. She is also interested in cinema and applies the maxim “You cannot be too careful”. The Relais pour la vie as well as the Canadian Cancer Society are among the causes for which Me Roy is actively involved.
- Environmental law (quarries and sandpits)
- Real estate law (property law, leasing law, financing and mortgages, legal hypothecs, sales and acquisitions)
- Notary services (dismembership of ownership, donations, mandate in case of incapacity, estates, wills, powers of attorney, protection mandates, mandates in case of incapacity, real estate transactions)
- Municipal law
- LL.B, Université de Sherbrooke (2013)
- Graduate diploma in notarial law, Université de Sherbrooke (2014)
- Cain Lamarre, Lac-Mégantic (2019 to present)
- A. Lacroix & Fils Granit Ltée, St-Sébastien (2018 to 2019)
- Gagnier, Guay, Biron – lawyers and notaries, Montreal (2016 to 2018)
- Yves Martineau, notary, Thetford Mines (2014 to 2016)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Publication of an article entitled “L’utilisation du certificat de localisation : vers un usage unique pour une meilleure protection du public”, in the Quebec Order of Land Surveyors journal
Associations, committees, boards
- Board member, Lac en Fête organization
- Boad member, Coopérative de Solidarité Lac-Drolet
- Member of the Welcoming committee and Integration of newcomers
- Member of the Welcome and Integration Committee for newcomers to Lac-Drolet (2019)