T 819 797-5222
F 819 762-6810
33 avenue Horne, Suite 200
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec J9X 4S1
T 819 797-5222 | F 819 762-6810
Hotline: 873 379-2041
Originally from the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region, Me Kathy Tremblay was charmed by Abitibi-Témiscamingue. She started as an articling student at the Val-d’Or office after completing her law degree at the University of Ottawa. Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2013, she then moved to Rouyn-Noranda where she practices mainly in family and personal law.
Me Tremblay has particular expertise in representing clients before the courts, where she is known for her ability to express herself. She frequently pleads before the Superior Court and the Court of Québec. Straightforward, rigorous, and compassionate, Me Tremblay always gives the client the right answer. Tenacious, but with a smile, she always conducts her cases with respect for her peers.
Me Tremblay is involved in the Rouyn-Noranda business community by sitting on various boards and committees. She is also involved in the legal community of Abitibi-Témiscamingue. Among the causes that are close to her heart is that of domestic violence, which she is often confronted with by the nature of her cases. Equality between men and women, animal welfare, and children's rights are also important to her.
Me Tremblay enjoys cooking, culture, shows, music, theatre, movies, TV series and reading. While she has an affection for animals, she has above all an unconditional love for her family. The motto “we have a good life”, Me Tremblay often repeats, reminds her that we deserve the life we have, when we work for it.
Assistant: Angélique T.-Bergeron
- Personal and family law (adoption, common-law spouses, filiation, child custody and access, support payments, protection plans, separation and divorce, estates)
- Litigation (remedies of all types, civil liability, estates)
- LL. L., University of Ottawa (2012)
- Cain Lamarre, Rouyn-Noranda (2014 to present)
- Cain Lamarre, Val-d'Or (2013)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Family law conference: protecting your business given to the Association des femmes en affaires de Rouyn-Noranda
- Assistant editor of Revue générale de droit at the University of Ottawa
Associations, committees, boards
- Member of the Board of directors, Centre communautaire juridique de l'Abitibi-Témiscamingue (legal aid)
- Cofounder, youth wing of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Rouyn-Noranda (previously)
- Cofounder and treasurer, executive committee, Jeune Barreau de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Director, on the Board of Directors for the Corporation des fêtes pour tout le monde, Osisko en lumière, Fête d’hiver de Rouyn-Noranda and the Fleur d’eau botanical gardens
- Founding member and director, on the Board of Directors for the Refuge La Bonne Étoile in Rouyn-Noranda
- Member, Québec Bar committee on the illegal practice of the profession of advocate, for Abitibi-Témiscamingue (previously)
- Former member, board of directors, SPCA de Rouyn-Noranda (previously)
- Named to the dean’s honour list of the Civil Law Section at the University of Ottawa
- Recipient of a Francophonie scholarship
- Recipient of a University of Ottawa admissions scholarship