T 819 780-1515
F 819 780-1341
455 rue King Ouest, Suite 300
Sherbrooke, Québec J1H 6E9
T 819 780-1515 | F 819 780-1341
Hotline: 873 389-5109
Passionate about law, Me Karine L'Heureux has a rich academic background that has allowed her to perfect her legal knowledge. From paralegal to a lawyer, she went back to school to offer her clients full support. Me L'Heureux holds a paralegal degree from Séminaire de Sherbrooke, a bachelor's degree in law from Université de Sherbrooke, and a diploma on the art of pleading before the courts, an intensive course given by Université de Moncton.
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2011, Me L'Heureux practices in the Sherbrooke office in the areas of construction and municipal law, both in litigation and in advising her clients. She is also a lecturer at Université de Sherbrooke and the École du Barreau.
Her ability to communicate and explain things in simple terms allows Me L'Heureux to have a straightforward, clear, and pragmatic approach. According to her, it is essential to develop trust with her clients. In search of the best solution, she creates a strategy with her clients to consider all possibilities. Attentive and a good listener, Me L'Heureux is used to working as a team to achieve the best results.
Involved in her region, Me L'Heureux participates in ACQ Estrie events. She also trains members on various subjects related to construction law. She has also been involved with the Fondation du Collège Mont Notre-Dame as president of the board of directors for over five years.
For more than 12 years, Me L'Heureux has also served as the local coordinator for the Quebec Bar Association's Seminar on Trial Advocacy Techniques.
An avid cyclist, hiker, and runner, Me L'Heureux enjoys spending time with her family. Her love for sports has led her to take on sporting challenges to benefit organizations such as The Quebec Cancer Society and the Christian Vachon Foundation.
Assistant: Guylaine Breton
- Municipal law (land use and urban planning)
- Environmental law
- Pleading Techniques, intensive workshop, Barreau du Québec (2014)
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.), Université de Sherbrooke (2010)
- Degree in ParalegalStudies, Séminaire de Sherbrooke (2004)
- Cain Lamarre, Sherbrooke (2019 to present)
- Monty Sylvestre, Sherbrooke (2015 to 2019)
- Monty Coulombe, Sherbrooke (2010 to 2014)
- SDR Conseillers Juridiques Inc., Sherbrooke (2005 to 2009)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
Training Sessions and Teaching
- Training session: “Les médias sociaux et la gestion des relations de travail” (“Social media and employee relations management”), Association des directeurs municipaux du Québec (ADMQ) (2013)
- Training session: “Les médias sociaux et la gestion des relations de travail” (“Social media and employee relations management”), Fédération québécoise des municipalités (FQM) (2012)
- Training on the expectation of privacy at work with the Association des gestionnaires en ressources humaines de l’Estrie (AGRHE) (2011)
- La perception des créances municipales impayées, trucs et conseils (The Perception of Unpaid Municipal Debts: Tips and Advice) (2015)
- Constat d’infractions : comment s’y retrouver (Infraction Observation: How to Navigate Them), available in various RCMs (2015 and 2018)
- Comment bien répondre à un appel d’offres public (How to Properly Respond to a Public Call for Tenders), ACQ, Estrie, annually (since 2015)
- Malfaçon et vices de construction (Defect and Construction Vices), ACQ, Estrie (since 2015)
- Les hypothèques légales de la construction (Legal Construction Mortgages), ACQ, Estrie (since 2015)
- Développement récent en droit de la construction (Recent Development in Construction Law), ACQ, Estrie (ACQ – Estrie annual training sessions on various construction law topics) (since 2015)
- Législation et règlementation (Legislation and Regulations), Construction Business Administration branch, ACQ, Estrie, RBQ licence (2016)
- Encadrement législatif, normatif et règlementaire (Legislative, Normative, and Regulatory Framework), Project and Worksite Management branch, ACQ, Estrie, RBQ licence (2016)
- Irrégularités = conformité, comment s’en sortir dans le processus d’analyse d’appels d’offres (Irregularities = Compliance: How to Get Through the Tender Evaluation Process), in various RCMs (2018)
- “Notions et principes généraux applicables en matière d’injonction permanente” (“Notions and general principles applicable to permanent injunctions”), JurisClasseur Québec, “Droit civil” (“Civil Law”) collection, Civil Procedure II, fasc. 9, Montréal, LexisNexis Canada, loose-leaf, (text received a different fascicle number) (2015)
- “Notions et principes généraux applicables en matière d’injonction permanente” (“Notions and general principles applicable to permanent injunctions”), JurisClasseur Québec, “Droit civil” (“Civil Law”) collection, Civil Procedure II, fasc. 13, Montréal, LexisNexis Canada, loose-leaf (2010 to 2015)
- “Analyse des articles 294.1 et 403 C.p.c. : des articles semblables, mais pourtant si différents!” (“Analysis of Articles 294.1 and 403 C.p.c.: Similar Articles, yet so different!”), Repères (2009)
Associations, committees, boards
- President of the Collège Mont Notre-Dame Foundation (since 2017)
- Vice-President of the Fleurimont Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2013 to 2014)
- Secretary of the Fleurimont Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, (2012 to 2013)
- Member of the organizing committee of the Fleurimont Chamber of Commerce Gala d’excellence (2012)
- Founding member of the Fleurimont Chamber of Commerce business committee Entr’Elles
- Local coordinator for the École du Barreau du Québec’s Pleading Techniques workshop (since 2010)