T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 418 780-3977
Karine Brassard has been a member of the Québec Bar since 1995 and specializes in labor and employment law, working solely with employers. Her practice covers all aspects of labor relations and strategic human resources planning.
She represents employers in disputes before arbitration tribunals and other labor law bodies, primarily in cases involving the interpretation and application of collective agreements, labor laws, and human rights charters, as well as disciplinary and severance measures. She also serves as a negotiator, drawing on her substantial experience in labor disputes. With a solid background in occupational health and safety, particularly in workers’ compensation and cost allocation, she regularly appears before common law tribunals in administrative disputes.
Karine Brassard also taught Labor Law and Occupational Health and Safety Law at Université Laval Faculty of Law.
Assistant: Judith Rodrigue
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, human rights, pay equity, pay equity, collective labor relations, individual labor relations, occupational health and safety)
- Administrative law (access to information, professional conduct, ethics, and governance, administrative remedies)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke (1993)
- Cain Lamarre, Quebec City (2016 to present)
- Beauvais Truchon, Quebec City
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- She has presented numerous conference sessions on labor and employment law, on topics including employment termination, psychological harassment, industrial relations management, and occupational health and safety
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, board of directors, Fondation de l’Institut Saint-Joseph
- Member, board of directors, Club de ski acrobatique du Mont-Sainte-Anne
- Former member, board of directors, La Boussole (previously)
- Former member, board of directors, Épilepsie, Quebec City (previously)