Expertise : business law | real estate law
T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
630 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Suite 2780
Montréal, Québec H3B 1S6
T 514 393-4580
F 514 393-9590
Hotline: 514 788-1763
Jean-François Hudon is a partner and director of the Montréal office of Cain Lamarre. Over the course of his career, Me Hudon has developed extensive expertise in real estate and commercial law and more recently in cannabis law.
Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit well integrated with his expertise and knowledge of the real estate industry, Me Hudon has succeeded, with the help of his colleagues, in building a dynamic real estate law team at Cain Lamarre, which is today one of the largest and most recognized in Quebec.
At the heart of this efficient, innovative and proactive team, Me Hudon is a source of inspiration. He is a visionary leader not only for his collaborators, but for the entire Montreal office, reminding everyone to stay ahead of the wave.
Appreciated for his ability to listen, his dynamism, his proactivity and his versatility, Me Hudon advises and assists his clients on all aspects of real estate. He regularly acts in the creation of venture capital investment funds, creation and implementation of partnerships, sales and acquisitions of assets, buildings and businesses as well as in the implementation of bank financing.
Me Hudon's clients include major real estate developers, venture capital investment funds, family offices, financial institutions, lenders, and private investors.
Accessible and bringing people together, Me Hudon cultivates a vast network of contacts, which allows him to gather various stakeholders in the field to create consortiums and partnerships. Very close to his clients, business-oriented and performance-oriented, he knows how to put himself in their shoes to better accompany them in carrying out their projects as efficiently as possible by proposing innovative and value-creating support solutions.
A true reference in the real estate world in Quebec, Me Hudon is regularly solicited to give conferences on subjects as varied as due diligence, real estate development, limited partnership, and shareholder agreements as well as financing.
Me Hudon also specializes in cannabis law, for which he advises clients and partners on all aspects of the legalization and operation of a business in this area. He has recently given two important conferences on this subject.
In an effort to contribute to the well-being of the community, Me Hudon is involved in various charitable and humanitarian organizations, particularly for causes that he holds close to his heart, such as Doctors Without Borders and the Ste-Justine Foundation.
Assistant: Linda Durand
- Business law (banking law, commercial law, corporate law, construction law, real estate law (sale, acquisition, and leasing), corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions)
- Real estate law (construction law, condominium law, property law, leasing law, financing and mortgages, legal hypothecs, investments and partners, sales and acquisitions)
- Cannabis Law
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2003)
- Cain Lamarre, Montreal (2014 to present)
- Gascon et associés, Montreal
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- "Crowdfunding", a talk given during the Vision PDG event (2014)
- “Non-compete clauses: Employment contracts and selling a business”, a talk given during the Vision PDG event (2013)
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, Urban Development Institute of Quebec
- Nominated for the Young Bar Association of Montreal’s Lawyer of the Year Award, Commercial Law category
- Cannabis law expertise recognized in Best Lawyers in Canada