Expertise : labor and employment law
T 819 477-2544
F 819 477-4343
330 rue Cormier, Suite 201
Drummondville, Québec J2C 8B3
T 819 477-2544 | F 819 477-4343
Hotline: 873 382-0399
Me Jean Côté is a partner at the Drummondville office and has been practicing law since 1976. Me Côté has a long and solid expertise in labour and employment law. He acts before all the authorities in his field of practice, including arbitration tribunals, administrative labour tribunals and higher courts.
Over the course of his career, Me Côté has been called upon to negotiate several collective agreements in various fields of the private and municipal sectors. He also has recognized experience in the social affairs network, representing most of the establishments in the Drummondville region since the early 1980s.
As President of the Drummondville Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Me Côté chaired several committees, including those on school reform, the Drummondville airport, and the clean-up of the Saint-François River.
A director and president of numerous foundations, Me Côté is deeply involved in his community. Among other things, he is involved in the Fondation Ste-Croix/Heriot for the benefit of people with reduced autonomy. He is also a director of the Musée de la photo.
Persevering, Me Côté always follows through on his cases. Recognized for his competence, reliability, and honesty, he has a reputation for always giving his clients the straight goods. He also regularly participates in training sessions and conferences on labour law.
Me Côté’s favourite motto is “You have to give your best in everything you do and trust yourself”. An accomplished sportsman, Me Côté plays golf and enjoys road and mountain biking. In winter, he goes downhill and cross-country skiing. He is also an avid reader of national and international news.
Assistant: Roxane Rodier
- Labor and employment law (competition and duty of loyalty, human rights, collective bargaining, collective labor relations, individual labor relations)
- Member, Cain Lamarre board of directors
- LL.B., Université Laval (1975)
- Cain Lamarre, Drummondville (2010 to present)
- Clair Laplante Côté, Drummondville
- Crown Prosecutor, judicial district of Drummond, Drummondville
- André Biron Proulx Côté Théroux, Drummondville
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Lecturer at École nationale de police du Québec in Nicolet
- Business law lecturer at Cégep de Drummondville
- Various lectures and training session on labor and employment law
Associations, committees, boards
- Administrator and President, Fondation Sainte-Croix
- Administrator and President, Fondation Frederick-George-Heriot
- Administrator and Second Vice President, Fondation Sainte-Croix/Heriot
- President, Drummondville Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Chair of many of its committees
- Chair, Centraide campaign for the Drummondville region
- President, Club Kiwanis
- Former Chair, Gala des Affaires
- Former Chair, Cégep de Drummondville’s 20th anniversary celebrations (previously)
- Former Chair, Drummondville’s Junior Chamber of Commerce (previously)
- Recipient of the 2014 Philanthropic Merit award from Fondation Sainte-Croix/Heriot
- President of the Arthabaska Bar Association