T 418 522-4580
F 418 529-9590
500 Grande Allée Est, Suite 1
Québec, Québec G1R 2J7
T 418 522-4580 | F 418 529-9590
Hotline: 367 777-0777
A member of the Quebec Bar since 2021, Me Daphné Côté holds a bachelor’s degree in law from the Université Laval and is specialized in labour and employment law. Me Côté is known for her organizational skills, her empathy, and her attentiveness. Her clients appreciate her liveliness as much as her authenticity and thoroughness. Me Côté invests 100% of her time in her practice in order to find the best solution to her clients’ legal issues.
Highly committed during her studies, Me Côté was a student volunteer with many different organizations and was coordinator for a team of 38 students in the “Enjeux du droit” academic competition. She also participated in the 42nd edition of the Pierre-Basile-Mignault Moot Court Competition and completed an internship with the Superior Court of Quebec.
Her work has received several awards. She is on the honour roll of the 2020 Faculty of Law, was awarded the prize for the best memoir in the Pierre-Basile-Mignault moot court competition, and received second place in the Civil Liability case at the "Enjeux du droit".
A perfectionist and passionate about her work, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Me Côté rigorously followed the official publications of the Canadian and Quebec governments in order to be aware of measures that could affect employers and employees in this particular context.
Passionate about her work and always eager to get involved, Me Côté never hesitates to participate in conferences given by the Labor and Employment Team. She participated in a Web-conference on mandatory vaccination and the vaccine passport in the workplace as well as with conferences on the Act to modernize the occupational health and safety system. She was also involved in the Labor Law Colloquium.
Among the causes important to her, she is passionate about issues related to human rights and freedoms and never hesitates to invest herself in such causes which include the ones that affect the Aboriginal peoples of Quebec and Canada.
Assistant: Judith Rodrigue
- Labor and employment law
- Access, protection of personal information and privacy
- LL.B., Université Laval, Québec (2020)
- Cain Lamarre, articling student (2021)
- Internship, Superior Court of Québec (2019 to 2020)
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- Various conferences in labor law and occupational health and safety law
- Honor Roll of the Law Faculty 2020, 1st cycle (2020)
- Recipient of the APDQ Cup (Association des professeurs de droit du Québec) for writing the best brief, 42nd Edition of the Pierre-Basile-Mignault Moot Court Competition (2020)
- 2nd place in the Civil Liability case in the academic competition “Les Enjeux du droit” (2020)