T 418 545-4580
F 418 549-9590
190 rue Racine Est, Suite 300
Saguenay, Québec G7H 1R9
T 418 545-4580 | F 418 549-9590
Hotline: 581 543-2656
Me Catherine Bergeron holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Université de Montréal and has been practising law at the Saguenay office since her admission to the Bar in 2014. Her practice focuses primarily on family and personal law, where she represents and advises individuals in disputes relating to their separation, the division of their property rights, the custody of their children and child support. Me Bergeron also intervenes in adoption and succession cases, particularly in disputes between heirs, successors, and liquidators. Furthermore, Me Bergeron also practises in labour and employment law, where she advises and represents employers in matters of labour relations, both individual and collective, as well as in occupational health and safety.
Me Bergeron’s approach is collaborative and involving, focused on finding tangible solutions in her clients’ best interests. Dedicated to her clients and always attentive to their needs, Me Bergeron uses her experience and skills in negotiation and representation before the various judicial authorities to bring her cases to a successful conclusion. She is often involved in high-conflict cases where non-legal issues are ever-present, so she does not hesitate to find creative solutions.
Me Bergeron is heavily involved in various non-profit organizations with members from the community, such as the ÉcolACTion private elementary school and the Panda Association, which helps people with attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity (ADHD). She also did a community internship with the Centre des femmes de Rivière-des-Prairies and was a member of the board of directors of the Young Bar Association of Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean.
Assistant: Véronique Tremblay
- Personal and family law (adoption, common-law spouses, filiation, child custody and access, mandate in case of incapacity, support payments, protection plans, separation and divorce, estates, wills)
- Labor and employment law
- LL.B., Université de Montréal (2013)
- Cain Lamarre, Saguenay (2014 to present)
- Legal Aid Office, Université de Montréal, Montreal
- Association des juristes d'expression française de l'Alberta, Edmonto
- Centre des femmes de Rivière-des-Prairies, Montreal
Lecturing, conferences, publications
- “La responsabilité des municipalités en matière environnementale : jusqu’où va cette responsabilité en matière d’évacuation et de traitement des eaux usées?” an article in Scribe review (2015)
- “Ordonnance ou injonction : l’importance de la distinction,” an article in Québec Municipal review (2015)
- Speaker on various topics, including wills and mandates in case of incapacity, consumer rights, harassment, and citizen rights
Associations, committees, boards
- Member, board of directors, Jeune chambre de commerce du Saguenay
- Member, board of directors, École Apostolique de Chicoutimi